The golden sand dunes and the shining sun of Abu Dhabi should be enough to make you want to traverse through this emirate. Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE and covers more than 80 percent of the area. This emirate is also becoming one of the major tourist attraction after Dubai due to modern architecture and its deep-rooted traditions. Moreover, Abu Dhabi is also the richest emirate of the UAE making it an ideal place to travel solo or with family.
Before visiting Abu Dhabi, these are some things that you need to keep in mind:
- The Arabic Sun: The golden rays from the clear blue skies are raging all year round. The weather of Abu Dhabi is humid and hot. However, during the colder months, the weather cools down. Due to the fact that it is a desert area, pack your clothes accordingly. Some essentials like sunglasses, caps, sunscreens are a must. When it comes to clothing, just try to be a little more modest as Abu Dhabi is an Islamic country.
- Abide by the laws: One great thing about UAE is that the laws are followed religiously. It doesn’t matter whether you are a local or a tourist you have to abide by the laws if you don’t want to face dire consequences. Educate yourself with the basic laws before you pack your bags and start your journey. If you do this, then visiting Abu Dhabi will be a sounder experience.
- Entertainment: Like Dubai, Abu Dhabi is home to spectacular entertainment places. These include beaches, deserts, theme parks, islands, resorts, magnificent architecture as well as heritage sites. Don’t forget to travel to all the important places if you want to enjoy the fullest. Visiting Abu Dhabi will be better if you hire a guide.
- Safety and Security: Abu Dhabi has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. This means that law enforcement is strict. You can travel the city any time of the day or night and explore the breath-taking sites. However, due to general security, make sure that you stay out of trouble at all times.
- PDA: When taking a journey through Abu Dhabi, make sure that you keep low on the PDA. Due to religion and cultural restrictions, tourists and locals are expected to remain modest. You can hold hands but anything more than that can create unwanted attention.
- Food: The authentic cuisine of the Emirates can be found just in Abu Dhabi. You can devour delicious food from local restaurants, vendors or 7-star hotels. Wherever you eat, don’t miss out the rich flavorful Arabic cuisine.
Journeying through Abu Dhabi will bring you immense pleasure. You will be inspired by the city and love the hospitality of the Arab people. The marvelous skyscrapers and the intriguing city will give you food for thought.
Before visiting Abu Dhabi, jot down the emergency numbers of the local city and keep them safe.